Realm Entertainment Limited (company registration number C51126) is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates. We want to provide a safe and secure user experience. We will ensure that the information you submit to us via our website or through any of our offices is only used for the purposes set out in this policy. Thus, through this notice the Company shall explain when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website and use our services, about how we use it, about the conditions where we may use to disclose it as well as how to keep it secure.
We may change this notice from time to time. By using our website, you are bound by this notice.
- Important information and who we are
- The data we collect about you
- How is your personal data collected?
- How we use your personal data
- Disclosures of your personal data
- International transfers
- Data security
- Data retention
- Your legal rights
- MPORTANT INFORMATION AND COMPANY INFORMATION
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Full name of legal entity: Realm Entertainment Ltd.
Name of Data Protection Officer: Dr Paul Gonzi
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: Data Protection Officer
Level 9, 14 East, Sliema Road, Gzira, GZR1639,MALTA
THIRD PARTY LINKS
- THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- “Identity Data” includes first name, last name, or similar identifier (only collected via Join our team Page)
- “Contact Data” includes email address and telephone numbers (only collected via Join our team Page)
- “Recruitment Process Information” includes notes taken for the duration of your recruitment process relating to a job application with Realm Entertainment Ltd. which, in the event of an unsuccessful job application, will enable us to consider you for future vacancies which may become available;
- “Employment related Data” includes details of qualifications, skills, experience and employment history and other data which may be included in a Curriculum Vitae and/or Covering letter (in the event that you choose to upload this through the Website when applying for a role within Realm Entertainment Ltd.).
- “Technical Data” includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this Website.
We do not collect any special categories of personal data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data) nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you.
If you are a job applicant applying for a role through the Website, it is important that you provide us with up-to-date and accurate data in order to enable us to process your application.
- HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity Data, Contact Data and Employment related Data by sending an email to email@example.com when you apply for a job role within Realm Entertainment Ltd.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our Website, we will automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
- Publicly available sources. We may partner with publicly available sources (like content providers and analytics companies eg. Google Analytics) to help us improve the services of the Website and better understand how you interact with the Website, as well as support our initiatives. These companies may collect information from you automatically in connection with your visit.
- Third party sources. We may also collect personal data from third party sources, including data companies, publicly accessible databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms and other third parties. We may also receive personal data about you from third parties when we need to confirm your contact details or even certain financial information. Should this be the case, and when acting as a data controller, we will take all measures as required by law to further inform you about the source of such personal data as well as the categories of personal data we collect and process. There are certain instances at law where we are specifically forbidden from disclosing to you such activity (for example, when carrying out due diligence for anti-money laundering purposes).
When acting as a data processor, Realm Entertainment Ltd. processes personal data on behalf of one or more data controllers. In such cases it is the data controller’s obligation to provide data subjects with the said information. In case of uncertainty over who is the data controller, please contact us at the details above.
For a detailed description of the reasons why we process (as a data controller) the categories of personal data above (and any other specific personal data we process) as well as the corresponding legal ground(s) for doing so please see the ‘How we use your personal Data’ below.
- Social Media. If you choose to connect one or more of your social media accounts with our site (if this option is available) to enable the sharing of personal data via social media platforms, certain categories of personal data relating to you from your social media account(s) will be shared with us.
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to analyse a job application which you submit to us;
- Where you permit us to keep your Employment related Data, to consider you for any prospective vacancies;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground, we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of Data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To review applications and register candidates as new job applicants||(a) Identity Data
(b) Contact Data
(c) Recruitment Process Information
(d) Employment related Data
|Necessary for our and your legitimate interests (to choose the right candidates for the job roles within Realm Entertainment Ltd. and to consider your application for the open job role within Realm Entertainment Ltd.)|
|To carry out reference checks when reviewing job applications||(a) Identity Data
(b) Recruitment Process Information
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to ensure that the right applicants are put through the recruitment process)|
|To enable Realm Entertainment Ltd. to respond to potential employment tribunal claims arising out of the recruitment process||(a) Identity Data
(b) Contact Data
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to protect the interests of Realm Entertainment Ltd. in case of any claims brought against it)|
|To consider you for future job roles which may come available at a later stage||(a) Identity Data
(b) Contact Data
(c) Recruitment Process Information
(d) Employment related data
|To create Aggregated Data that Realm Entertainment Ltd. will use for daily reporting and generation of statistics||(a) Usage Data
(b) Technical Data
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business)|
|To use data analytics to improve our website||(a) Usage Data
(b) Technical Data
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our website updated and relevant and to develop our business)|
We may use Google Analytics as well as any other analytics providers that we may use from time to time. We, and third-parties like Google, use first party cookies and third party cookies to inform, optimise and serve ads based on your past visits to our website:
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Website. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
- You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page (https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated). Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your browser (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout). Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
Facebook Conversion Tracking Pixel
We may from time to time use Facebook (Visitor Action Pixel). This tool allows user behaviour to be tracked on Facebook and through the collection of this data, we are able to generate reports and statistics. The data collected remains anonymous and we cannot see the personal data of any individual user. However, this data is collected and processed by Facebook, which may link this information to your Facebook account. For more information click https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-pixel/implementation/conversion-tracking/.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose or where the law otherwise requires, as may be the case.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent in the limited situations where this is required or permitted by law.
- DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table above.
Your personal data may be shared with third parties on a need to know basis. This may include:
- Software companies engaged by Realm Entertainment Ltd. from time to time to optimise and facilitate the recruiting process by supplying Realm Entertainment Ltd. with recruitment management software;
- Parent or subsidiary companies of Realm Entertainment Ltd.;
- Hiring managers involved with respect to a particular job role you have applied for;
- Individuals within the Human Resources Team at Realm Entertainment Ltd. as necessary.
Any potential acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any proposed merger, acquisition, sale of assets, or similar transaction in which information is required to be transferred to one or more third parties as part of such transaction.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
As a general rule, the data we process about you (collected via the site, any of our apps or otherwise) will be stored and processed within the European Union (EU)/European Economic Area (EEA) or any other non-EEA country deemed by the European Commission to offer an adequate level of protection.
In some cases, it may be necessary for us to transfer your personal data to a non-EEA country not considered by the European Commission to offer an adequate level of protection (for example to one or more of our data processors located there). In such cases, you are assured that we have contractually bound such third-parties to adhere to EU laws pertaining to the protection of personal including but not restricted to the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation 2016/679(EU)).
- DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
- DATA RETENTION
HOW LONG WILL YOU USE MY PERSONAL DATA FOR?
We will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary (taking into consideration the purpose for which it was originally obtained). The criteria we use to determine what is ‘necessary’ depends on the particular personal data in question and the specific relationship we have with you (including its duration).
Our normal practice is to determine whether there is/are any specific EU and/or Maltese law(s) (for example tax or corporate laws) permitting or even obliging us to keep certain personal data for a certain period of time (in which case we will keep the personal data for the maximum period indicated by any such law). For example, any data that can be deemed to be ‘accounting records’ must be kept for ten (10 years).
We would also have to determine whether there are any laws and/or contractual provisions that may be invoked against us by you and/or third parties and if so, what the prescriptive periods for such actions are (this is usually five (5) years, in line with prevailing and relevant legislation). In the latter case, we will keep any relevant personal data that we may need to defend ourselves against any claim(s), challenge(s) or other such action(s) by you and/or third parties for such time as is necessary.
Where your personal data is no longer required by us, we will either securely delete or anonymise the personal data in question.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Your Legal Rights below for further information.
In the case we do not delete your data, we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
- YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have certain rights under the law with regards to how your personal information is processed. These rights are:
- The right to be informed how your personal information is being used.
- The right of access to your personal information.
- The right to rectification if your personal information is incorrect.
- The right to erasure your personal information. (Where the law permits this)
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to data portability.
- The right to object to how your personal information is used.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
If you would like to make a request for information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us.
NO FEE USUALLY REQUIRED
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
WHAT WE MAY NEED FROM YOU
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
TIME LIMIT TO RESPOND
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.